Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Moonlit Subjects are Fun to Paint....

I love working on spindles that have a black background and moonlight. They always seems to come out so well. I have found that I have to be really minimalistic on some of the details though. Like the thistles in this spindle. Anymore detail or paint would have ruined the effect. I also love how things like moth wings tend to look truly realistic and transparent. I'm hoping to get caught up and get more spindles posted on auctions soon. I am still taking orders and working one day at a time to fill each order. Everyone who has ordered spindles has been just wonderful about the delay that happened. Thank you again!

Peace,
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 PM

    It's pretty! I think you should do a pixie/faerie one!

    ; b

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on one right now along with other spindles. Just a matter of being able to focus on it since it's really detailed.

    Thanks!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete