Friday, December 02, 2005

What Would You Put on YOUR Drop Spindle?


"Here There Be Dragons"
(Spindle shown was sold on Ebay for $46.75 on 12/9/05.)

There are a lot of spindle makers out there and they make gorgeous spindles! I have seen some spindles from other companies that I just love and I really need to start collecting more of those spndles. But there is one thing you can't get anywhere else; a completely custom spindle with anything painted on it that you'd like. Crowhill House Fiberworks is the only place I know of that creates one of a kind, made to order fine art spindles.
So if you were going to buy a spindle, what would you have painted on your spindle?

I have had requests for pets, fiber animals, logos, a glow in the dark solar system and so very many other designs that are special to the spinners who purchase these spindles. Each time they pick up their spindle and spin with it, they see their very own pet or favorite flower or landscape. Personally, I don't think you can beat that. For me, it makes spinning so much fun and people always ask about my spindles if I am spinning in public. Each one has a story all its own to tell.

So tell your story with a custom painted spindle. What would you put on your spindle? Let me know if you have an idea, a picture a vision that I can help make a reality on a tool you will use and enjoy for many years to come.

Just click on the e-mail link to your right and send me your requests and to design your own custom fine art spindle. Tell YOUR story as you spin your yarns!

Peace & Joy,

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen -
    I bought your black kitty face spindle on eBay and am thrilled with it. The artistry is beautiful,and it spins like a dream. If I were to send a photo for you to paint from, what form would you rather have, .jpg or actual photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,

    A jpg. is just fine.

    I am so glad you like the spindle! that always makes me happy!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very talented! I love that dragon; it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Alison!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete