Monday, January 09, 2006

Injured and Off For a Bit...Again

Okay, you can all blame the horses. I am once again on my back and nursing an injured knee this time. For some weird reason, my horse thought it would be a good idea to bite my daughter's horse on the butt. Her horse did the logical thing and tried to kick my horse...and missed. But he succeeded in kicking me...in the knee! And yes, we were both on our horses when all of this happened.

So I am stuck with a very painful knee that needs to be iced and elevated for a few days to a week. I also had one of the same paramedics out at the barn because someone called 911 since I was down for quite some time before I could get up and walk. I am really annoyed about the cut up jeans and long underwear. I did turn down the ambulance ride and went to my orthopedist today for a check up on the pelvic fractures (which are healing well). They did x-rays and I am so happy that nothing was broken or fractured in my leg/knee.

The horse managed to kick me in just the right spot so as to only cause soft tissue damage. It still hurts ... a lot, but nothing more than bad bruising. Again, I was extremely fortunate. Had that hoof hit even a quarter of an inch differently, this story would have turned out a lot worse.

Needless to say, I won't be working for a few days to a week. Please, yell at the horses, not me. Hopefully this will be the last injury for a very long time.

Peace & Joy,
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Jen! Bless your heart you have sure had your fair share of incidents with the horses. I'm hoping that once you heal up this will be it for the next couple years! I guess you are quite familiar with the drill by now of rest, ice and elevate. I'd be real tempted to add chocolate liberally at this point! Take care of you girl! No sugar cubes for the offender for a month.

    ReplyDelete