Friday, July 28, 2006

Gingko Mandala Spindle


I love this spindle that Nanette from the Yahoo Spindlers Group ordered! It was extremely "picky" painting, but it was worth every minute. Sometimes designs like these look deceptively simple and then once I get into the actual painting I find out how time consuming and picky they really are. Most of the time I can tell when a spindle is going to be difficult and then there are ones like this that sort of sneak up on me.

Overall, critters and people are always harder than any other designs. I personally think that's my own weakness though since they seem to be getting a bit easier as I continue to paint more of them. Mostly it's due to the fact that if you get one tiny brush stroke in the wrong place you have an eyeless dog or cat or a person who looks as though they have had a serious stroke. The small scale that I work on causes any error to be magnifed tremendously. But that's also part of the challenge!

And now, it's finally almost the week I have been waiting for and I'll be leaving on vacation soon! I will be out of contact for the next week, starting tomorrow. I will, however, be taking paints and supplies along to the cabin so spindles will still be getting done in any down time that I may have. A rainy day could prove to be very productive in this case.

Peace & Joy,

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment