Thursday, August 24, 2006

Tribute to "Miss George"


Miss George


I get a lot of requests to paint pets on spindles, but this oen was particularly touching since Miss George passed away about a year ago. She was the very much beloved cat of Sharon and I felt that it was really necessary to get all of her markings and her personality portrayed very accurately on the spindle for Sharon. The result is above with the reference photo. A fitting tribute to a very loved family member and friend. Now she will be with Sharon all of the time as she spins.

Peace & Joy,
Jen

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Wow, amazing Jen! I'm sure its owner will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Another great job, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your reference on the Spindlers list and had to take a look - I am in awe of your talent! What a treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Birdsong,

    Thank you so very much. I really love what I do and I think it shows. :-)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:00 PM

    Your spindles are so beautiful! I've only just recently discovered spindles :) I don't even own one yet, but I have the spinning bug I think and will be getting my first, probably of many, soon :)

    ReplyDelete