Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Some New Spindles to Look At...


"Acorn Gnome"
(click on photo to enlarge)


"Jennie's Dragon's"
(click on photo to enlarge)

"Iris"
(click on photo to enlarge)

Hi All,

I just thought I'd take a break an update the site with some spindle whorls I finished recently. I have been busy painting spindles every day and having a lot of fun doing it! I've gotten so many orders for really neat spindles. I really want to thank Janel from "Spindlicity" (www.spindlicity.com) for the article she has up on Crowhill House. Since that article appeared, my website has gotten a lot more hits.

I also want to thank each one of you who visits the site and those of you who order spindles and are willing to wait the 6 weeks or so that it takes me to get to your spindle. I am working away at the queue and your spindles are in the line, waiting to be done.

I'd also like to mention a new group on Yahoo called "Teen Spin". This site is for teens, 'tweens and kids of pretty much any age. It's a project to help kids explore the fiber arts in groups or with a parent. It's a truly terrific idea. You can find the group by doing a search in the Yahoo Groups.

Right now, the teens/kids are dyeing fiber with Kool-Aid which they will then use for a project. It's really great to be able to pass along fiber arts to a whole new generation! If you have teens/kids, grandkids or a classroom, please check out the group. Even if you don't have kids the group is in need of adult spinners and other fiber artists to answer questions and assist.

Peace & Joy,

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Jen:Acorn Gnome just arrived and he is so beautiful and so special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homina homina - these are some unbelievable spindles!!!! Is there a price list somewhere? I'm looking specifically for the price of the Empress, but there are so many I love....

    rosebyany@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:49 AM

    Hi Jen,
    I just found you through the Spindlicity site (which I also just found). BEAUTIFUL spindles! I don't know how I've missed you all this time.
    I noticed that you end all your posts with Peace and Joy. I've been signing off with Peace on all my emails and letters for years now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean,
    Thank you!
    As for how you missed me, I have only been painting the spindles since last July or so. Not even a year yet. :-)

    Peace & Joy,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete