Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Post with Many Names....

"Birth of Venus"
Custom Spindle
(Click on Image for Larger View)

I couldn't decide on what to name this post. A lot of ideas came to mind like, "Can't Turn Down a Challenge", "My Customers Love to Taunt Me", "Hey, Look How Dumb I am!"...etc. All tongue in cheek of course!

I am referring to the spindle pictured above. When I received a request for Botecilli's "Birth of Venus" I thought, "I can do that!". Well, I could, but wow, what a challenge! I am an artist, but Boticelli I'm NOT! I do think it's a pretty fair rendition considering the palette was only about 3" across.

I will admit that I started this spindle and then worked on it a little at a time over a few weeks until today when I decided I simply had to get it done. About 3 hours later, here it is. Now the dogs need a walk, groceries need to be acquired adn I need to do something to clear my head and change my perspective a bit.

It's amazing to me still how absorbed I can get in a spindle like this one and not realize what time it is, what's going on around me or even that I haven't eaten lunch and it's going on 2:00 p.m.

Peace & Joy,

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    Awesome! You do excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love what I do!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:10 AM

    Holy crap! That is beautiful! Yours are the coolest custom spindle I've ever seen!! msjuliaj AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete