Thursday, November 10, 2005

Landscapes and More Holiday Spindles...


When a customer asked me to paint landscapes for her, I was a bit skeptical. I wondered how they would translate to such a small palette as a spindle. But, as you can see above, they translated pretty well. I was very please with these two spindles and hope to do more landscapes in the future.

I have also been having fun with a whole bunch of holiday spindles. Two of them are shown below in addition to three others that were featured in a previous post.

(Note: You can click on the photos to see more detail.)

As for me personally, I am chafing at the bit these days as recovery is slow. I have to keep all weight off my left leg for another two weeks and then I can walk a bit in the house on a limited basis but still have to use the crutches when I go out. All told, it will take 4-6 months before I'll be able to walk normally again. I count my blessings though as this could have been much worse!

Luckily, I am back to painting. My shipping is a little slower than normal as I have to wait for someone else to get the envelopes to the post office and that usually means waiting until a Saturday since our post office closes at 4:30 p.m. and no one is off work by then. So please bear with me on any delayed shipping. I'm trying to work that one out. I should be able to start getting out a little easier and doing shipping once again soon.

Peace & Joy to All,

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Sending well wishes. You really do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself Jen. And make that mailman come to your house to pick up those packages! It's a free service now you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alison and Lisa!
    Actually, I don't mind getting out for a short tirp if at all possible. Having my daughter around is making all of this easier. We actually managed to get out to the post office the other day. Woot! Only two more weeks before I can start putting some weight on the left leg again! I can hardly wait. Hopefully the doc will approve a water exercise class! The high school has them and they are just around the back of the city park behind our house!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete