Sunday, February 19, 2006

NEW...Knitting Needles!



Something New! Hand painted, birch knitting needles! The ones you see above are listed on eBay this week along with another set of Sunflowers. I will also be taking custom orders for these. Right now, they are starting on eBay at .99. After doing some research on relative pricing of these needles I have decided to price them at $10.00 per pair regardless of size plus .75 shipping in the continental U.S. Unpainted needles of this same kind range between $7.50 and $10.00 per pair on other sites, so I think that $10.00 per pair was a fair compromise.

I have sizes from 3 to 17 right now with some sizes missing from the lot I purchased from a woodworker who made them and was going out of business. I have LOTS of these needles, other than the large sizes which I have very few of, and would love to paint a set up for you!

I personally sand each pair with 3 different grits of sandpaper, by hand, to make sure that the needles are smooth as possible. ( I hate rough needles!) The points are medium; between sharp and rounded. If you like them sharper or more rounded, they can be sanded when you receive them since there is no finish on the needle itself. The ends that are painted do have a clear coat over them to protect the painted designs.

Obviously, the designs on these needles can't be quite as detailed as those on spindles, but I am really happy with how the first batch came out. Wow, talk about painting teeny tiny things!!! But really, that's what I enjoy doing. It's a challenge and it's also very engrossing.

Please, let me know what you think!

Peace & Joy to All,

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Beautiful needles! Any plans to put more on Ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are more up on eBay right now. You should see them on eBay pretty consistently. You can also special order them for custom work anytime you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so tickled with my needles! Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete