Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Animal Portraits...


"Turtle"



"Murray"



"Digger"


I tend to get quite a few request from people to have their animal companions painted on their spindles. I wanted to share a few of these portraits with you for this post.

I'd also like to share a new spindle with you. I am now producing a larger spindle with the "Raven" whorl. Big difference is that the overall length of the spindle is about 15" or so. That gives you around 13" under the whorl for a large copp or for plying.

This spindle has a long, stable spin time and also gives me a larger palette to work on for more detailed paintings. The whorl of "Digger" that you see above will be one of these larger spindles.

Prices wise, they will run a bit more due to more materials and a higher shipping cost. They will still be well within the current price range of around $30.00 - $40.00 per spindle.

Peace & Joy,

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Love them! The 'Raven' that you did for me spins like a charm. And my 'AJ' spindle will always be one of my favorites. Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elisa! I love the new, longer shaft Ravens too. I will be making more of them soon.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete