Monday, May 29, 2006

This and That...


'Raven at Midnight'
Custom spindle


I hope all of you had a safe and happy holiday weekend. I spent much of my weekend traveling and visiting my mom in Northwest Indiana. Being on the road is always difficult and it's good to be home. Although the weather has gone from cool, even cold, to HOT and it's as if we skipped spring entirely and went from winter to summer here in Wisconsin.

Tomorrow is supposed to get a bit more temperate though and horse clipping is on the agenda for the day. For those of you who don't have horses, imagine using a pair of clippers similar to what the barber uses to shaves your neck to clip the entire body of one large horse. Then, do it again for the second horse! Of course, they have to have a bath and dry first so the clippers don't dull on the dirt and dust in their coats. The first year I body clipped my horse I did one side one day and the other the next. He looked very funny for about 14 hours or so!

Today was spent cooking and doing some laundry and then painting spindles. Now that it's evening, I feel like getting out and doing something but nothing is open and the weather is threatening rain in addition to still be really humid and very warm at 8:00 p.m. So it looks like I'll just curl up with the current book I'm reading and spend the evening relaxing. I've discovered, through experience, that I simply cannot paint spindles at night. I haven't found any lighting yet that allows me to do the detail work that natural light allows for. Maybe I'll have to look for a lamp that will work. But then again, it does make it so I must stop at some point and come in from my painting table and be sociable. So maybe having a cut-off time that comes naturally is not such a bad thing. I'll have to ponder that one a bit more.

I have a couple of new spindles up in the eBay store and also a pair of knitting needles. As always, I try to work some items in for my store along with the custom orders. I am going to have to put a real kick on here soon since I will be going on an actual vaction this summer and won't be working during that time. Needless to say, if you have an order in with me at present, you will get it before then.

Peace & Joy,
Jen






No comments:

Post a Comment