Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Drop Spindles, Oh My!!!








Little did I know when I first started painting drop spindles that they would be so popular and touch so many lives. Since that day a few months ago, I have been busy almost every day painting and designing spindles that will, hopefully, be a joy to spinners who acquire them. Since we spin art when we take fiber and make it into yarn, I think it fitting that we spin with art also. How can one not create something beautiful when holding a beautiful tool in one's hand?

My wish is that my spindles will inspire spinners to make their own works of art, that they will soothe their hearts in times of trouble and bring them joy as they spin. I hope that my spindles will become good friends that one looks at and smiles. I also hope that spinners gift these spindles to their daughters and sons, to friends and relatives and co-workers along with their instruction on how to spin. Thus we keep the chain of spinners and weavers of dreams alive through time and generations.

Namaste!
Jen

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:09 PM

    wow! These aew absolutly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Jen do you have someone make the spinner or do you do that to? Sandy

    ReplyDelete