Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's that Time Already...

Here it is, the end of August and already and it's time to start thinking about holiday gifts. If any of you are even considering giving handpainted spindles for the holidays, please contact me to get in my queue of custom spindles. It's not too early! If you wait too long, it will be too late though.

It's a been a rather quiet week around my house so far. I actually took yesterday off from painting and did some things around the house and went out to gather elderberries for syrup for the winter. If you don't know, elderberry syrup is a time honored remedy for colds and flu and buying it in the store is really pricey. It's simple to make and the elderberries are free for the picking. Each batch lasts up to a year, so this batch ought to get us through the winter just fine.

So now I have some purple fingers and a lot of elderberries to clean and boil up into syrup!

Today we are planning my daughter's 12th birthday party for this upcoming weekend. I will have at least five girls ranging from 11 to 14 descend on my house for a slumber party. They are thinking of pitching the large tent in the back near the woods. I say "YES" to that!! My only concern is that they will keep the neighbors awake! So it looks like it will be a hectic, exciting weekend.

In the meantime, I have to run to a chiropractor appointment. My neck and back are still getting used to the discipline of sitting and painting for hours each day. After that, I have to pick my husband up at the airport. He's been gone to his mother's house for the weekend to do maintenance and just simply to visit. It will be nice to have him back home again.

Hope all of you out there are doing well. Feel free to write or comment as the spirit moves you. I love hearing from each and every one of you!

Peace,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment