Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Latest Custom Spindle


I just finished this one for a customer this afternoon and wanted to share it with all of you. Apparently she has went swimming with sea turtles and just loves them. I'm really happy with how this came out.

Just as a point of interest, this spindle took approximately two hours from the time I first sat down until I was ready to clear coat it. Then there was the time for multiple coats of polyurethane, drying and finishing. All told, probably close to three hours in it and it will sell for $25.00. Then there's materials, which aren't a lot I'll grant you, but they do add up. Just in case anyone thinks I am getting rich on these!! Laughing......

Still, I'm really happy to be doing these spindles as it gives me the opportunity to produce artwork and still stay at home and be a mom. I thank all of you who have been my customers for that gift!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment