Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Special Spindle...


The spindle has been SOLD to Lori! Thank you all for your support!

This spindle is one that is special to me in that it is the very first spindle I have actually signed. All of my spindles have the business name on the back, but not MY name. But this one took a lot of effort and a lot of time so I put my name on this one as I will continue to do from now on with my custom spindles.

This spindle is my rendition of Mary Cicely Baker's "Hawthorne Fairy". He's not exactly the same as the original, but he's pretty close.

If you consider the fact that the entire area I used in painting this spindle is 2.5" in diameter, then you can get an appreciation for the level of detail in this piece of artwork. You can also guess what it took to get that level of detail!

Also, I am really happy with the interplay of light and shadow in this piece and how all of the colors are really harmonious and natural.

Okay, so I'm waxing poetic over a drop spindle! LOL! But truly, this one has all of my heart and talent in it. So I am not going to put this spindle up on eBay but rather I am going to sell it here in this blog. I figure if you're bothering to look here, I assume you already appreciate my artwork. Or maybe you're just curious...I shouldn't assume!

So the first person who is willing to pay $40.00 for this piece of art takes it. You can e-mail me and I will go by time stamp on the e-mail if I happen to get more than one offer. Trust me, I'm not holding my breath! I know it's a lot for a drop spindle, but I really can't let it go for less considering the amount of work I put into it. So if I have any takers, let me know by clicking on the "E-mail" to your right and sending me a note. You can pay via personal check or with a credit card through PayPal.

Occaisionally, I will have a piece of this nature that I will post here. I am not going to say it will be terribly often. I have to be pretty inspired and motivated to do this kind of work!!

Thank you for looking and thank you all for your continued support!
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:23 PM

    Hi, Jen.
    I'm a member of the Spindlers list, and was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a couple special order spindles for me. I'm working on ideas, and would really appreciate it if you'd email me at

    blueknitter *at* yahoo *dot* com.

    Thanks so much.

    Lisa/blueknitter

    ReplyDelete